Thursday, January 28, 2010

Bridal Shower

This past weekend I went to my first ever bridal shower.

I do have one other married friend. But they didn't go the traditional route so there was absolutely no hoopla. And one of my other friends was engaged and I was in the bridal party but it fell through. So as of yet my feeling of being quite young for my peers to be doing such things is intact.

But alas my old roommate is engaged and is having a big ol' wedding. Courtesy of the parents of course. And so out I trekked for the wedding shower.

Large gatherings where I don't know people are quite intimidating. And being as my friend (and just about the only person I knew) was the star of the show I knew I'd be pretty much on my own. Thankfully carpooling was recommended and I ended up meeting and sharing a good bit of a car ride with someone else in a similar situation. It was like instant friendship for the sake of not being alone. Good times.

Also notable is the fact that I rocked a trivia game about my friend. This seems odd to me as I'm distinctly one of the newest people from her life that was in attendance. But I guess I ask many questions and actually remember stuff. That and multiple choice questions love me.

I suppose being social isn't the worst thing that could happen to me.

No comments: