Friday, October 28, 2011

Fiber Arts Friday: Happy Pictures

So this week I feel like I've really not gotten much crafting done. There's not really any good reason for it aside from mental blocks. But then I looked at the things I have accomplished in the last week or two and felt better about things.

And so I present to you a bunch of pictures (of rather poor quality as I was taken them at like midnight, oops):
My Awesome Amazing Alpaca Mitten. It's actually coming out a bit bigger than I had hoped but we'll see what it's like off the needles. I need to sit down and figure out how I want to handle the decreases in hopes of lining up with the pattern more or less. I really ought to get moving as we've had a ridiculous cold snap. They are actually predicting snow for tomorrow which is insane. Plus its a frakking concert weekend so I have to work and now deal with all of the patrons who will be panicking about the snow.
Christmas Ornaments! The mitten is quite possibly my favorite thing ever. Although I do think the final ones ought to be a bit bigger and I think I'll aim for a slightly smaller sweater.
These little guys are absolutely the best thing ever. So freaking cute. And it's a free pattern available from Fuzzy Mitten. Highly recommend. The blue guy took me about 2.5 hours start to finish so I figure I'll only get faster.
First scarf for Special Olympics of the season complete. Still love this pattern. Best moment ever occurred at knitting group. I'd finished the blue repeats and was going to start the red as I want all the hearts pointing down. Someone asked if I joined them at the top then, yes. Another chimed in that why didn't I just reverse the pattern and keep going. It blew my mind.
And 24 circles ready to be pieced together as hexagons (top left) and made into an awesome tote bag.  The colors on this photo are absolutely and totally wrong but it still looks cool I think.






Thanks for visiting! For all of you fiber people visiting I encourage you to check out the Spinning Trindles Group on Ravelry where they are currently hosting a giveaway. I purchased my first Trindle in the spring and it was immediate love. Just about everything that I spin these days is done using my Trindle. They are the most awesomest and I wrote this whole post all about them.

And after signing up for that be sure and check out the rest of the Fiber Arts Friday blogs!

8 comments:

Melissa Plank said...

You have an finished an amazing number of projects, all of them are inspiring. I especially love the crochet circles and I hope you show the bag when it's complete! Great colors!

Jess said...

I love these!! The little mice are my faves, they're so cute!!!

Kathryn Ray said...

Sometimes it really does help to stop and take a step back.

Love the projects. :-)

Vivian said...

You have some amazing projects! Love the fair isle mitten. I just finished some mittens myself, but not nearly as sophisticated as yours. The little mice are so cute!

AllyB said...

There is nothing cuter than little tiny knitwear. Love the scarf too. Thanks for the links, I'll be checking them out as I've been interested in the trindle as a fiber tool. I do love my drop spindles but I find that my LadyBug is much more productive. Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

WonderWhyGal said...

Great projects. I love those little mice. I may have to consider making one of them for an ornament this year.

Melissa said...

What cute projects...I really love the crochet circles and will look forward to see the finished purse.

Heather Woollove said...

Your ornaments are cunning and adorable and your mice are too!
I can't wait to see the hexagon tote bag...that's going to be awesome, too!! I'm so glad that you stopped by my blog to visit!
XXO-