Sunday, April 18, 2010

Bon appetit!


I may have discovered the perfect easy but good, real home made meal.

It's based off of this recepie: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Tomato-Chicken-Parmesan/Detail.aspx
However I am a lazy chef so I've made some changes of my own:

As a small person I don't ever eat a whole chicken breast. So I use chicken tenders or I cut up a breast into smaller pieces. I did also make this using a full chicken breast once for Bran, so it does work. Dip the chicken pieces in egg and then in the breadcrumb/Parmesan cheese mix. To make the mix I just throw some of each in a bowl. No measuring needed. There's probably a trick to making it work better but I just really press down into the crumbs to have them stick and I'll add more on top once I've placed the chicken in the baking pan. But before I put the chicken in the pan I do lay down a small layer of tomato sauce. After all of the chickens are arranged in the pan I add more sauce plus putting a bit on top of the chicken. Then I stick the whole thing in the oven (or toaster oven depending upon scale) for a while. Cheese can be added towards the end if desired, but it's not needed. The resulting chicken is moist and tasty. Yumm.

 To complete the meal noodles can be easily cooked up. And green beans are a perfect compliment. Last time I made this meal I steamed some frozen green beans then used some garlic butter I had stored in the fridge from the last time we ordered Pappa Johns (it was an unopened container). That made tasty and ridiculously easy green beans (allbeit not so healthy). Plus the extra garlic butter then went on some old french bread from the freezer for a quick and easy garlic bread.

No comments: